2020 Flu Day – key considerations
The Covid-19 pandemic will have an effect on how we provide our flu vaccinations this year. To enable this to go smoothly we would like to refer you to the following points:
- We will not be using the church hall this year but will be doing all flu vaccinations at the Surgery at 85 Goldington Avenue, Bedford, MK40 3DB.
- Please call the surgery on 01234 349531 to book an appointment for your flu vaccination – we will only be booking into scheduled clinics (and these clinics are scheduled around vaccine delivery dates)
- We would be grateful if you would arrive at the surgery as near as possible to the time of your appointment. If you arrive late we will not be able accommodate you on that day but may be able to give you an appointment on a different day dependent on vaccination stocks available. If you arrive early you will be asked to wait in your car until your appointment time.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask or covering, and it would be helpful if you wear clothing that will assist the clinician to have easy access to the top of your arm.
- At the original surgery entrance you will be greeted by one of our Admin Team who will ask you a few questions and will check you are on the appointment list (access is only by pre-booked appointment)
- You will then be asked to join the queue, remaining 2 metres apart as per the markings on the floor (see floor plan below). You will be able to clean hands using the alcohol gel at stations along the queue.
- A clinician in full PPE will call you into a room to be vaccinated (the vaccination will be done while standing up – if you have difficulty standing please notify one of the admin team members or one of our clinicians).
- Once the vaccination has been done one of our Admin Team will direct you out of the building via the middle front door – there will be an alcohol station located there for you to use, and a clinical waste bin should you have mask or gloves to dispose of.
- Unless you need to have a carer to assist you please come into the surgery alone.
- Please note there will not be any toilet facilities available due to infection control risk.
- This year we will only be doing the flu vaccinations and not blood pressures or sugar readings.
- If you have any queries regarding our flu days this year please call one of our team on 01234 349531.
Goldington Avenue Surgery.